The University of Hawaii at Manoa is looking to hire a Social Media/Content Specialist to work out of the school’s Office of Communications, under the UH VP for Administration. The position, #0081780, will report to Dan Meisenzahl and expected to begin in January/February 2018.
Duties will include:
- Assist in developing, implement & maintain unpaid/paid social media strategies & campaigns for UH Manoa & UH System social media platforms that leverage real-time content opportunities to grow audience & expand awareness of university initiatives & successes
- Integrate social media strategies with internal and external communication effort
- Maintain day-to-day social media logistics, messaging and ongoing needs
- Monitor social media platforms, including outside standard hours, for any mentions of the University of Hawai‘i and develop appropriate responses for positive and negative content
- Serve as representative for UH Office of Communications on social media and act as a resource for UH units to foster an active online community of ambassadors for the university
- Collect, track and measure social media analytics to generate reports that could management-approved changes or decisions based on the results for engagement, campaign building, audience targeting and future content choices
- Understand current trends, technologies and advancements in social, mobile and online review sites.
- Identify trends and tools that can enhance UH social media presence and monitor and respond appropriately to social media conversations, including comment sections
- Provide onsite presence for events for content building and live social media engagement
- Shoot video and take still images for use in social media and online platforms using university equipment
- Digitally edit photographs
- Manage and backup current bank of university archival and stock images and provide assistance to in searching archive
- Upload and catalogue photographs to searchable archive system for digital images and caption/usage information
- Other duties as assigned
For more information, visit the position entry on the Work At UH site:
Photo courtesy University of Hawaii/Flickr.
Source: Hawaii Social Media.